Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Unlovable

Penned By: Dan Yaccarino

This is one of my all time favorite books. One of the kids in my after school program introduced it to me because of my pugs. I think I love it so much because it epitomizes how a pug makes you feel. This can be a cold hard world but if you have the love of a pug nothing else matters.

Alfred is a pug with a fantastic bed and nice yard. However, all the nice things in the world don't make up for having friends which is something this poor little puggie just doesn't have. That is until a new neighbor moves in and they bcome friends sight unseen. Alfred loves his new found friendship but he wasn't exactly honest with Rex....

The simple illustrations of this book never fail to make me cry!

Quote: "But what was it that made him unlovable?"

Genus: Literary Minded

Era: Little Ones - Young at Heart

Difficulty: 1

Determination: Must read

Series: No

Formats: Children's paperback and hardback

Film: No
  
Cool Stuff: Review by WordsbyMom.com      Video - Read out loud       The Publisher

Support pugs in need by voting in Arizona's Cutest Pug Contest!

2 comments:

  1. I read this to my classroom EVERY year. <3
    It is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an awesome book to read in a classroom!

    ReplyDelete